Epistemic Angst

Sunday, September 19, 2021

Welcome back

It's been a long time. As readers of this blog will know, this bog was mainly active back in 2006 - 2007 when I was studying the documentary hypothesis and it was a forum for me to post ideas and debate them with friends and readers. At some point in time, I moved on with my life and stopped studying biblical criticism and so stopped posting. 

 I am sure many of the blog's readers will also know that there has been some news in the field of Biblical Criticism. An academic by the name of Idan Dershowitz has claimed to have found the text of an ancient Hebrew scripture which he claims predates Deuteronomy. If true, that would force us to rethink what we believe we know about the evolution of the scripture and the Documentary Hypothesis. I was intrigued by this hypothesis so plan to spend the next few months reading his monograph on the topic and reflecting carefully on his arguments. I am going to revive the blog for the next few months so I can post thoughts and reflections as I go. 

 I understand that nobody blogs anymore and now everyone just screams at eachother on facebook so perhaps nobody will read what I write. But, at least I’ll have a forum to articulate my thoughts.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HE LIVES!

9/19/2021 9:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be following along with great interest!

9/19/2021 10:34 PM

 
Blogger David Staum said...

Catching up on these new posts just now (well, relatively new). Do you have a link to an article about Idan Dershowitz' discovery?

7/13/2023 11:25 AM

 
Blogger David Staum said...

NM, google is my friend

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/10/arts/bible-deuteronomy-discovery.html

7/13/2023 11:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home