Epistemic Angst

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Moseirah

For the next few posts, I’m going to take a break from my linguistic analysis of D to consider another problem, namely contradictions between D and the first 4 books. I’ll start off with a real simple one. Deut 10:6 states that the Israelites traveled from B’ereoth b’nei ya’akan to moserah, but Nu. 33:31 states that they traveled from moserah to b’nei ya’akan, reversing the direction. Test

I could see one arguing that the close similarity between the verses actually implies that the must come from the same author. Of course, scholars would argue that the two verses are based on a common tradition, but personally I find that answer to be a little lacking. One thing is for sure, though. No matter how you look at it, it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home